Jeremiah 18: 1-12, 17
Remake can be defined as ‘to make again or anew. It has to do with a creation that was created again or anew’.
There is always a reason to remake something: It may be that the thing is marred, worn, archaic, or simply needed a facelift or new model.
The intention of remaking is for the new produ8ct to be better and nicer than what it was before.
Often, those looking from the outside usually see other people’s need for a remaking and not their own (Mt. 7: 1-5). “Judge[a] not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what [b]judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Meanwhile, our greatest responsibility comes when we realise within ourselves that we are actually due for a remaking whenever that is needed.
In Jeremiah 18: 1-12 and 17 we read, God asked prophet Jeremiah to go to the Potter’s House in order to convey a message to the people of Israel that they needed a Divine remaking.
When Jeremiah got the Potter’s House, he saw that as the potter was making a particular type of pot, the clay became marred in his hands; so he remade it into another pot, that seemed good to him.
The clay was still malleable/submissive to the potter to be remade into another pot. It did not harden itself to become useless or abandoned. Neither did it insist to be completed as a bad and undesirable product.
God asked Jeremiah to inform the people of Israel that this is what He intended to do with them; remake them into something that seemed good to Himself.
God wanted them to understand that it is not much of a problem if something goes bad in the process of been made; it is only a problem when that thing refuses to be remade into what is originally intended or be at least be remade into another desirable thing.
God said the Israelites were so stubborn, hard-hearted and unrepentant. He encouraged them to repent; turn from their evil ways; correct their habits, and change their actions for the better.
Sadly, the people, however, said they would prefer to remain as a ‘bad pot’, follow their own plans and act in the stubbornness of their hearts.
Because of this, God said He would scatter them, and He would turn His back on them when they cry for His help.
This message is to lead us to cry out to God in humbleness of heart, that if any part of our life/destiny has been marred in any way; for God to graciously remake us into something that still seems good to Himself.
No matter how perfect an apparatus was made, a maintenance culture of such an apparatus is still necessary. We read how people are been sent as far as space just to perform maintenance function on apparatus that were already installed there, though the things are still functional.
We too must responsibly present our lives to God for Divine maintenance, restart, remaking, and makeover now and again, as at when needed.
Personally, as an individual that has spent over half a century on earth; I need a Divine makeover. As a family that is approaching a quarter of a century; we surely need a Divine makeover. As an assembly in her 15th year of existence; EFA certainly needs a Divine remaking.
These are my own cry tonight and beyond now. I believe there are people on this platform tonight that want to bring the same kind of cry before God our Maker.
Psalms 100:3 – Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
God made us. He can remake us again if we come to Him in humility as a sheep of His pasture.
In 1973, my dad bought a new white LADA car. We were very delighted as children. Over time though, the new car was becoming less efficient with age. After about 15yrs, my dad said he was taken the car for a makeover.
- Rebore the engine
- Filled and panel beat the body
- Respray the whole body
- Change the upholstery leather
- Touch on electrics, floor cover, etc.
By the time the car came back again, we were all amazed! It was like its new self before. The car was remade.
The power of any machine is the engine. The power of any man is his soul – the engine of his life. We too are before God tonight to remake us from our soul, to our spirit and to our body; as well as other things that pertain to us. May God grant us total makeover in Jesus name.
May God increase our efficiency, effectiveness, performance, productivity, fruitfulness, impact, speed, beauty, etc.
The bible makes us know that David was a man after God’s heart. A great worshipper and defender of faith; a humble leader; an unconditional loving and caring person; etc.
At a point along the line though, his life became marred somehow.
He was walking on the roof deck of his palace when he saw a woman, a neighbour who was having her bath in her compound; and David could not get that thought out of his mind. His aides tried to dissuade him; but he went on to do what marred his life.
At the prompt by God though prophet Nathan, David cried to God to remake his life and destiny again.
Psalms 51: 1-2 – Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin
Prayer: Father, please pardon any shortcoming of mine in Jesus name.
In I Chro. 4: 9-10, the same Bible tells us about a man called Jabez. His name meant ‘sorrow’. It was given to him by his mother. Possibly because of very painful labour; or because of the loss of her husband about the time of delivery (why she named him). And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
Sadly, sorrow became the genome of Jabez life. He had to cry out to God at a point in his life for God to remake him. Things must not continue for him as they were. God heard him. May God hearken to us tonight in Jesus name.
Prayer: Father, nullify every evil and negative pronouncement upon my destiny in Jesus name.
It is not new to us how God remade the life of Jacob from been called a supplanter and living as fugitive to someone who prevailed with God and inherited the blessings of Abraham.
All these happened because he cried to God to remake him at a point in his life.
According to Gen 32: 22-32, on that night, Jacob had to wrestle with an angel of God till his makeover was proclaimed.
Prayer: Father, let every limitation upon my destiny be removed tonight.
Samson’s life was also significantly remade by God. He was too powerful for the Philistines to match. He, however, let his guard down and was humiliated by his enemies.
He, however, cried to God for a Divine remaking, which saw a huge and lasting blow to his enemies. Even though, he could have also asked God to preserve his life.
Judges 16: 28-30 – And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes. And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left. And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So, the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.
Prayer: Father, grant me supernatural power to subdue all my adversaries permanently.
The bible makes us know that due to the ego of Haman that was bruised by Mordecai not bowing to him, Haman plotted to kill all the Jews in the provinces under King Xerxes of Babylon.
A specific date was set of which the whole Jews would be slain by their neighbours.
Mordecai charged Queen Esther to go and put in a plea to the king, which could end her life.
They all agreed to fast and cry to God for deliverance. God came to their rescue and remade their lives. On the same days that the Jews ought to be killed by their neighbours, they were the ones arresting and killing their principal enemies instead.
Esther 9: 15-16 – For the Jews that were in Shushan gathered themselves together on the fourteenth day also of the month Adar, and slew three hundred men at Shushan; but on the prey they laid not their hand. But the other Jews that were in the king’s provinces gathered themselves together, and stood for their lives, and had rest from their enemies, and slew of their foes seventy and five thousand, but they laid not their hands on the prey,
Prayer: In the name of Jesus, I hereby cancel every calendar, diary and appointments set for me by my enemies. I also inverse those calendars appointments aimed at me upon my enemies’ heads instead in Jesus name.
- Father, plant good new things in my life tonight.
- Father, uproot any evil thing from my life this moment.
- I command every spiritual weakness in my life to receive termination now in Jesus name.
- I command every financial failure in my life to receive termination now in Jesus name.
- I command any sickness in my life to receive termination now in Jesus name.
- I command all that hinders me from greatness to give way now in Jesus name.
- I command every imprisoned and buried potentials of mine to begin to come forth now in Jesus name.
- I command every unfriendly helper to depart from me in Jesus name.
- I command every negative transaction currently affecting my life negatively be cancelled in Jesus name.
- I Command all the dark works done against my life in the secret to be exposed and Be nullified in Jesus name.
- I removed myself from any evil plan in Jesus name.
- Father, if my life is heading on the wrong course, please correct me.
- I command every anti-progress altar fashioned against me be destroyed with the Fire of God in Jesus name.
- I decree my destiny to change for the better in Jesus’ name.
- I command all boasting powers delegated against me, be silenced permanently in Jesus name.
- I command all my benefits in the hands of the oppressors be released to me right now in Jesus name.
- I command all unprofitable marks in my life be erased right now in Jesus’ name.
- I command every power chasing away my blessings be paralyzed right now in Jesus name.
- I command every good thing of mine eaten up by my enemy be vomited now in Jesus name.
- Father, let the anointing for spiritual breakthroughs fall upon me in Jesus name.
- Father, ignite my prayer life with Your Fire.
- I reject every spiritual contamination in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the power to overcome all obstacles to my breakthroughs.
- Father, give me Divine prescription to my issues.
- I command any spiritual hole in my life to be closed with the Blood of Jesus right now.
- Father, locate the defect in the clay of my life and remake it.
- Father, let me be at the right place at the right time.
- I disarm every household enemies against my life right now in Jesus name.
- I command my enemies to pitch their tents against one another in Jesus name.
- I frustrate and disappoint every instrument of the enemy fashioned against my life in Jesus name.