Exceeding Great Rewards, by Pastor Bioye Segun
Genesis 15 : 1 – “After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward”.
For everything that we do in life, there are rewards whether good or bad. That is why it is very dangerous for a married man to commit adultery. Also like the story of Gehazi who out of greed went to collect monies from Naman which Elisha had refused, he received the rewards of leprosy.
Judas Iscariot received his reward for betraying Christ which made him commit suicide. Only the reward that comes from God establishes a man. The Bible says that only God blesses and adds no sorrows to it. We have stories of men who built houses but could not live inside as result of their sins, men of the world have tried to be rich at the expense of their Child or wife and still with no peace. Those are the rewards of the world which adds sorrows to it. There is a reward for everything but only the Almighty can give exceeding great rewards.
There are different types of rewards:
- When you serve God, when you serve a man of God to the extent that you provoke a blessings; there are exceeding great rewards
There is son of mine that takes me everywhere, my favorite out of my protocol officers but for the past 1year he has been looking for a job. We joined hands together in prayers; jus this last week he got a job in a popular Pharmaceutical Company. Many times when he drives me, I usually look at the gauge and because he would not collect money from me I would fill his tank.
- There is also reward for sacrifice – Psalm 50:8. Sacrifice is when you go beyond the norm.
When you give, you cause people to thank God so it is a multiplication of blessing. There is reward for giving. There was an incident that happened where it was announced that anyone who wants to give 1000pounds should come out but there was this lady in congregation that refused to come out but later the Holy spirit would not let her rest, she was been convicted until finally she came to me and gave me an envelope saying it was a token towards the Church building. I gave it to the Treasurer not knowing how much. The Treasurer text me the next day to tell me it was 1000pounds; I was shocked and prayed for her because she said after giving me the envelope that Pastor please pray for me.
The next day , she received mails by the time she opened it , Barclays Bank reviewed an account she had with them a long time ago and said they giving her 4000pounds and an Institute she was a member of gave her and family members two holidays; all expenses paid for. That is an exceeding great reward for sacrifice.
Also, there was a time we were in Church listening to message and my wife started crying; the Holy Spirit convicted her to give her savings of 5000pounds. It was after she gave it she told me after the service; roughly some months later God used a Senior couple to build us a 7 bedroom furnished house in the redemption camp. Brethren there are some blessings money cannot buy, even if you tell your own blood brother or sister to build you a house, they would not think of building you a 7bedrooms house.
A great reward is waiting for you in the name of Jesus. Psalm 126:5-6
“Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him”.
It is good to sow into the life of a man of God. Don’t look at things you don’t have but look at things that God has allowed you to have, be careful of what man gives you because man may want to Lord it over you or even control you. The Bible says when the enemy shall come like a flood, the Lord will raise up a standard like a shield against him. God is our shield.
In Ephesians 6: 16 “In addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one”.
The Lord God will also preserve us and be our exceeding great reward such that when people hear our testimony; they will say “AH”.
What should you do to receive exceeding great reward?
- Bless your Pastor, so the anointing poured upon his head can work for you
- Serve others, serve God
- Pay your tithes
- Give your first fruits
- Follow Jesus; it is the most rewarding venture- it may attract some persecution but you will be adequately compensated.
May you not serve and someone else will receive your reward in Jesus name. You are too important to God to be destroyed by a situation that is meant to give you character and direction. Don’t listen to what others are saying about you, if God is not listening why should you? Brethren stop washing your nets before the time , stop nursing your pain, stop massaging your problems, it is not over yet for you, the year has not ended yet , God will give you a testimony and an exceeding great reward in Jesus name.
- Father show me a sign of your favour , of your exceeding great reward this year in Jesus name
- Father the solution that will take me from one level of breakthrough to another please give it to me today in Jesus name
- Father, this weekend everything that I qualify for that men have denied me, please overrule them and grant it unto me. Father reverse the irreversible for me oh Lord
- Jeremiah 46:25.. father every spirit of NO that is against my destiny , against my life begin to punish them now, Father ; anyone who has said No, that it won’t be possible that it will be over their dead body, let the ground open up and swallow them.
- Father, whoever is trying to use my Child to punish me, punish them Lord in Jesus name.
- The time of every Pharaoh is up in my life in Jesus name. Father; every spirit of Pharaoh that will not allow me to eat the fruit of labour in this land your time is up.. I will not labour in vain in this land, my education will not be in vain in this land.
- Father, every ground that I am tiling in this land that is hard; please soften it for me, Psalm 67; 5-7 says when I praise you the earth will yield an increase to me
- Father, please save me from the hands of the Fowler
- Job 20:15, Father , every riches , every benefits that the enemy has swallow down let them vomit it now and cast it out of his belly in Jesus name
- Father , all those who have once called me a failure , all those who have once called me a non- achiever, let them change their mind
- Father , this year remove every trace and mark of failure away from my life because you have not program programmed me to fail, I am programmed for success
- Father in your own miraculous way, please make a way for me in this land, change the law for my sake. Make a way for me where there is no way
- Father , anything that the enemy has held on to in my life that belongs to me saying I will not let you go, father I pray in the name of Jesus loose and let me go
- Father, anything that the enemy has used to tie my hands so I will not be fruitful, to tie my legs so I will not progress to cover my eyes so I will not see clearly, loose and let me go in Jesus name.
- Father, on this 3rd day, send your arrows of fire to all the blood suckers, let it consumer all those who want to see my end, to all prayer extinguishers in Jesus name.
- Father your east wind that parted the red sea let it blow over so something good will come out of me , let it path every red sea before me
- Father, whatever has to die that I may live , whatever has to go down that I may rise this year, let it go, let it die 6 feets under, in Jesus name
- Father, this week end please put upon me your own coat of many colors, that will cause men to favour me , that will cause men to recognize me and my work in Jesus name
- Father, please give me your complementary card so any where I enter your glory will shine forth through me in Jesus name.
- Father, you are the God of laughter, please give me every reason to laugh, Sarah laughed I will laugh, you gave David a new song; I will sing a new song in Jesus name.
- Father , make me to hear joy and gladness , so that the bones which thou has broken may rejoice
Exceeding Great Rewards, by Pastor Bioye Segun, Regional Pastor, Northern Ireland was delivered on July 26th 2015 at the 9th Anniversary of RCCG Everlasting Father’s Assembly, Leeds