Text: Joshua 6:2
And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
God told Abraham to go out of his father’s house, kindred and nation and proceed to a place which He would show him, a place that flows with milk and honey.
God then brought Abraham to Canaan which was the Promised Land.
Later on, God spoke to Abraham and said in the future his descendants will be taken into captivity for about 400 years, and then he will bring them back to the Canaan land.
And God said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
So, at a time in history, God raised up Moses to lead the Israelites back to their Promised Land. Sadly, because of their unbelief and murmuring against God, the journey of 40 days became 40 years.
Everyone that was above 20 years of age when they left Egypt died before they entered into the Promised Land, except for Joshua and Caleb. Even Moses was provoked by the people to error and as such did not enter the Promised Land.
Joshua continued where Moses stopped until they got to the bank of Jordan River. Here God performed a miracle as the river parted and the people went on dry ground. The Israelites thought their problems were over until they discover they had to pass through Jericho to possess their inheritance.
– There is someone here, you thought going into 2013 was your greatest challenge, but you just discovered there is a wall of Jericho before you. God says, those walls will crumble.
– In January 2014, you declared enjoyment at last, after moving forward, and then the Jericho walls emerged. Those walls will be levelled by God.
What is the city of Jericho?
– It is believed to be one of the oldest cities in the world.
May be the challenge you just discovered is a long term problem. Today, God will deal with it.
Perhaps yours is not a long term one, but deeply rooted. Again, God will visit its foundation today.
– Jericho was described in the bible as a city of Palm trees. Its 258m below sea level and therefore has oases which favoured human habitation.
It is a strategic place.
– Palm tree is a precious resource. Oases are equally precious in deserts. May God deliver into your hands every precious thing He has promised you.
– Jericho was a highly defended city. It has high walls which are 15 feet wide apart, with soldiers watching over it.
It does not matter how defended the Jericho before you is, or who are watching over it, it shall still crumble in Jesus name.
How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up? For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
– Whatever Jericho that is before you, may their rock forsook them.
As children of God about to enter and enjoy our Promised Land, there are times we come across ‘Jericho walls’. These are obstructions blocking our way to milk and honey. What is that Jericho before you?
Is the ‘walls’ huge? Is the ‘gate’ shut? Are there ‘soldiers’ with drawn swords confronting you? All will go down in Jesus name.
God gave instructions to the children of Israel to go round Jericho walls once a day for six days, quietly. On the seventh day, they should go round seven times and then gave a shout of victory!
– I declare that in the name of Jesus, your shout shall be for victory. Your shout shall be for joy. It shall be for jubilations in Jesus name.
God also gave certain specification on how they should advance. 7 priests, carrying 7 ram’s horn trumpets to blow before the people after the soldiers for the 7 days.
In Israel, they have two types of trumpets: steel and rams horn. The steel is a call for alarm while the ram’s horn is a call for victory.
– This year, you shall blow the ‘rams horn’ in Jesus name. You will sing praises and thanks to The Lord Most High.
– Someone is here; God says a victory is awaiting you in seven days’ time.
– The Israelites went round 13 times in total. God says there is someone here, something great will happen for you on the 13th of this month, which again is seven days from today!
See! God said. Joshua had to see the Jericho fell before its actual falling. Historian said the wall did not just fall, but yet sank! Otherwise, how will the Israelites have marched forward immediately?
Will the walls of Jericho before you ever fall? It depends on what you see. May you not see those walls again in Jesus name.
Almighty Father, let every Jericho walls before me fall and be buried.
Almighty Father, let me obtain my Canaan Land.
Delivered on April 6th, 2014