Men of Exceptional Favours, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye
Favour is good, as a matter of fact, it is very good. A year of favour can wipe off many years of toiling and struggling. When that favour is termed exceptional, then it is beyond imaginations.
The bible is full of men who were recipients of exceptional favour from God. They stood out in their lifetime. They were envied by their generation. They are examples of whom we pray and hope to be like today.
May we be exceptionally favoured by God in Jesus name.
The sons of Rechab were exceptionally favoured by God: God promised that the Rechabites generation will forever continue; and that they will always have descendants that will be ministers unto Him forever.
Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.
Your generation will forever continue
You will always have descendants who will be Worshippers of the Living God.
– Abraham was a man of exceptional favours, he was picked from idol worshipping to be blessed by God. Though he had an area of his life which he had to exercise perseverance, his life was largely full of exceptional favours.
- God spared his wife from Pharaoh (Gen. 12:10-20). God plaqued Pharaoh’s home.
- God spared his wife again from Abimelech king of Gerar (Gen. 20:1-18). God made his home barren. Your family shall be preserved… You will not labour for another to reap. God will compensate you…
- Abraham was left to take the dry patches of Canaan by Lot (Gen. 13:1-18). Yet he enjoyed surprised fertility and increase.
- God helped him to rescue Lot and the kings of Sodom (Gen. 141-16). Supernatural recovery, shocking victory…
Isaac was exceptionally favoured by God more than his senior brother (Ishmael) and his other siblings. The covenanted generation continued through him, though he has to exercise patience like his father in childbearing. Gen. 26:12-33.
- In great famine, he had 100 fold increase! When others are saying there is a casting down, you will always say there is a lifting up. Your seed shall not be burnt.
- God made him to wax great, until he became exceedingly great. You shall become a great person… Your name shall be great…
- God made him an object of national envy. You shall become a surprise to many in a good way… Many people will always want to be like you.
- God make sure that he reached water table at every attempt. Your efforts shall be fruitful… All your attempt shall be successful..
- He became a terror to the citizens of Gerar. They had to make a peace treaty with him. May no one be able to mess with you… No kingdom will be able to withstand you…
Jacob was exceptionally favoured by God. Even before he was born, God already had a good report about him. Romans 9:11-13
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
He was not the first born of his father, but he became the direct recipient of Abrahamic covenant.
- He obtained his father’s blessings.. The blessings of Everlasting Father will follow you.
- He escaped assassination attempt on his life. You will escape every trap set for you… You will not be cornered up by anyone.
- He escaped the cheating of Laban. God will overturn the schemes of anyone that has cheated against you. … May those who had swallow your stuff cunningly vomit it by force.
Jacob had 12 sons. The first three were cursed on his death bed, blessings were pronounced on the other nine. However, descendants of child number 3 (Levi) later became exceptionally favoured, as they journeyed to the promised land (Deut. 1:2).
- They became God representatives. May people see God in you..
- They were to receive their portion from God directly… Your daily ration from God will be guaranteed. May you eat from God’s table.
- 10% of what the Israelites had were to be given to them. Nations will give to you… Mankind will honour you.
Jesus had 500 brethren always following Him everywhere. Among these, He had 70 disciples. From these, He chose 12 apostles. However, none of them enjoyed exceptional favours such as John the Beloved.
- He used to sit very close to Jesus
- He was a close confidant of Jesus
- He was always present wherever Jesus was
- He was privileged to look after the priceless person in Jesus’ life (Mother)
- He was shown things that happened before the world and what will happen in future.
- He died peacefully after a very ripe old age.
How to obtain exceptional favours
- Be good and love people (Pro. 12:2; 13:15). Proverbs 12:2 A good man obtaineth favour of the Lord: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
- Be faithful (I Sam. 2:28-30).
- Heed instructions and be wise (Prov. 8:33-35).
Father, make me a man/woman of exceptional favour.
Men of Exceptional Favours, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye was delivered on Father’s Day 21st of June 2015