The Spirit of God laid in the heart of our Father in the house that in this month and henceforth, He will strengthen our foundations. That which support the ‘building’ of our lives; families and church shall be strengthened. Any area of our lives and the church that is still bitter, barren, and sick shall be made sweet, fruitful, and whole in Jesus name. The real ‘fragrance’ of our lives and the church will ooze out unstoppably from now in Jesus name.
Foundation can be defined as ‘the lowest load-bearing part of a building, typically below ground level; it is the natural or prepared ground or base on which some structure rests; it is the basis or groundwork of anything; it is something that gives rise to or supports something else’; etc.
How can we strengthen our Foundation?
- Habits – Habits are rituals and behaviours that we perform automatically, allowing us to carry out essential activities such as brushing our teeth, taking a shower, etc. Scientists have learned that a certain part of the brain called the basal ganglia plays a crucial role in creating new habits and maintaining existing ones,
We all have habits and we activate hundreds every day. These habits can be divided into three groups.
- The first group are the habits that we simply don’t notice because they have been part of our lives forever—like tying shoelaces or brushing teeth.
- The second are habits that are good for us and which we work hard on establishing — like exercising, eating well or getting enough sleep and for us as Christians like
- Prayer – Praying can help the believer come to a greater understanding of God’s purpose for their lives. Jesus himself taught us to pray Matt. 6:9
- Bible Study – 2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Fellowships – Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Prov. 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
- The final group are the habits that are bad for us — SINNING
- Diligence – having or showing care and conscientiousness in one’s work or duties. When you are diligent, you are hardworking, dedicated, assiduous etc –
Proverbs 10:4 “A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.”
Proverbs 21:5 “The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.”
Proverbs 12:27 “Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but the diligent man will get precious wealth”
Proverbs 22:29, “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”
That is a word from the wisest man that ever lived in Bible times. If you are diligent, you would be outstanding and your foundation will be rock solid…. E.g. Life of David 1 Sam 16 who was diligent in the field
Diligence brings your name to the table. 1 Sam. 16:11-14 Family and men of God may not notice you but when God has seen your faithfulness and decided it is then minutes will not be passed before you are an agenda item. (Learn to ask God to bring up your name up positively in those big meetings you don’t attend. If God is there, He will represent you).
Diligence brings you into great opportunities. 1 Sam. 16:19-23 David became a harpist for the king. He fought Goliath and won. He fought many wars and became great. Eventually, he sat on the throne. He never forgot what God had done in his life. He diligently served whatever position he was given.
- Giving – Proverbs 11:24-25 “One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched and one who waters will himself be watered.”
Proverbs 19:17 “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his deed.”
Giving is entirely counterintuitive. In fact, I’ve heard it described as a financially irrational act. The natural mind tells us that if we give something away we lose out. However, God’s principles teach us that giving actually increases us in many ways.
God promises time and time again in his word that giving releases God’s blessings upon us and actually makes us more wealthy, more righteous, and have more peace in our lives.
Proverbs 18:16 A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.
E.g. Solomon 1 Kings 3:4-28
Today I encourage you – Take the leap and trust God’s word on giving. Trust that your giving will bring increase not only to others but to you as well when you trust God with a portion of what He’s blessed you with.
- Faith – complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” — Thomas Aquinas
The bible teaches us in Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
In other words, God uses people who are not afraid to trust Him completely, or what we call as having faith, and this faith produces enormous power for a greater purpose. … The more faith we put in God, the more we allow God to direct our lives, the more power and blessing we’re going to have.
So in conclusion amongst other things if your foundation is built on good habits, diligence, giving and faith I tell you the sky will be more than your limit.
Everything I said now may not make sense to you but consider the 2 scriptures below.
1 Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
The sermon, Important Ingredients of Strengthening Our Foundation, by Minister Osarenren Iduoze, was delivered on September 13, 2020.