I Will Make Your Life Easier, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye
In general terms, life is not easy. Living through life is not easy either. Why, because life is complex and can at times become complicated. Life may appear easy on the surface to someone close by, but may not be so when they speak out.
Example is David.
Psalms 73:1-5 – Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands (pain) in their death: but their strength is firm they are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
– May your testimony be that truly God is good to you.
There is a caption that says: “Life is very complicated. Don’t try to find answers, because as soon as you find the answers, Life will change the questions”.
I want to believe that as Christians, the life we live is even more complex. We want to keep the laws of God, we want to obey the laws of the land, we also have our culture and traditions to observe. Problem comes when what is generally accepted as a norm in our culture and society may not be acceptable to God. So we enter into a complex situation on how to express ourselves. Jesus did not hide this from us as well. He said we will have many tribulations on earth, but we should rejoice as we will overcome through Him.
Also, our living comprises of interactions with our own self; our neighbours at various levels (families, colleagues, and friends); our God; and other spirit beings. This is a complex situation already. The sort of relationship we have with any of these entities will determine how easy or complex our life will be.
Apart from these, we still have other institutions we engaged with in life. For example: Vocations, Academia, Marriage, Financial, Religious, etc. Our day to day interactions with these institutions generate complexities as well.
Example is Jesus and Peter.
Though they were evangelists, who do not earn a living, but had to pay Temple levy. What a huge complication it would have been if Jesus or Peter could not pay towards the maintenance of the temple? Jesus however made an easier way out (Mt. 17:24-27).
– You will not be stranded in any way in life in Jesus name.
– There is a golden object that will make your life easier, may you find it in Jesus name.
In John 9: 1-38, the bible tells us about a man who was born blind. His life was complicated already. He was healed miraculously by Jesus after 40 years. Only to be subjected to rigorous interrogation by the Pharisees and the Sanhedrin why his eyes should be opened on a Sabbath, that the fellow that did that must be a sinner, and as to what his opinion was regarding the miracle and his Healer. He was later banned from entering any Synagogue! They tried to mess up his life the more. He could not enter the Temple as a blind man. Now that he’s not blind, he was still banned. They almost ban his parents too. But Jesus made life easier for him.
– There is something negative that dated back to when you were born; God says He will sort it out.
– Certain authorities have banned you from your dream; God will give you a bigger dream. (Banned from church, Lived with owner of the church!)
In Mk. 10:46-52, it was hard enough that Bartimeaus was blind. He too was also privileged to know that Jesus was passing Jericho for the last time. As he called for help, instead of people to assist him, knowing fully well that Jesus had opened the eyes of the blinds before, the people including Jesus disciples told him to keep quiet. Bartimeaus would have thought what sort of life is this! Again, Jesus made his life easier.
– Are you making efforts to succeed and people who should help you are suppressing your efforts? Don’t worry; the same people will help to broadcast your success.
In John 5: 2-12, at the Pool of Bethesda is the man who had an infirmity for 38 years. He was staying by the pool where he could get healing, but no one to help him through 38 attempts. His life was so complicated, that he appeared to have given up.
Miraculously Jesus healed him out of compassion. Guess what, the Jews asked him not to get up from his sick bed till the following day!
– In Jesus name, no one will make your life to be stagnant. You will rise and walk.
In I Kings 21:1-16, the bible tells us how Ahab coveted the vineyard of Naboth. The man honestly said it’s a family inheritance that did not belong to him alone, so it can’t be sold. So one would think the matter should end there, but it didn’t.
Jezebel had to kill Naboth in a very wicked way and confiscated the vineyard for her husband. What a complicated world we live.
– If anyone put their eyes covetously into what belongs to you, may God blind fold them.
– Someone is making life unbearable for you because of an inheritance that belongs to you; God will occupy them with something else.
In 2 Kings 4:1-7, is the story of the wife of the deceased prophet. The prophet owed money he couldn’t pay till he died. His sons were to be taking captive. Life was already complicated for the woman having lost her husband. To lose her sons would have been terrible. God through Prophet Elisha however made life easier for her.
– You are here; your family is in debt. You are coming out.
Also in 2 Kings 4: 8-17, is the story of the Shunemite woman. It appears life was easy to the extent that Elisha did not notice. She was rich, influential and powerful, but was still waiting for the fruit of the womb. God used Elisha to make her life easier.
– It appears you have everything, but one more thing will make life easier for you. By this time of life, you will have that thing you are waiting for in Jesus name. You will be fruitful.
What to do
Obey God’s instructions (The widow of the prophet; Peter went to sea; The young prophet disobeyed).
Assist others to make their lives easier (Abraham to Lot; Shunem with Elisha).
Don’t be hasty in decision making (Lot going to Sodom; Abraham agree with Sarah to sleep with Hagar).
Have a right preference to life. Be wise and do not be ignorant (The ignorant in John 6: 54-68; Rich young man).
1. Father, you said your yoke is easy and your burden is light. Make life easier for me.
2. Father, if I have found myself in any complex situation by my mistake; as a trial; by persecution; as an attack or a temptation. Please use your power to solve it.
I Will Make Your Life Easier, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye was delivered on December 6, 2015 on Thanksgiving Day