GENESIS 1: 1-3
The first time there was a sound in heaven, the very first time God spoke in the Bible, was when He said “let there be light”, and at His command there was light
WHAT IS LIGHT? Light is the presence of illumination.
What does “Let there be light mean?” It simply means darkness depart. Again Let there be light means bringing order to chaos.
I pray that the light of God will shine upon your life today and every darkness will disappear in Jesus name.
Darkness can manifest in different ways:
SOME EXAMPLES OF HOW AND WHERE DARKNESS MANIFESTED IN THE BIBLE.
1) Mark 10: 46-52 This is the account of a blind man called blind Bartimaeus who was born blind and one day he heard that Jesus was passing by and so he began to cry aloud saying Jesus the son of David have mercy on me.There were multitude and multitude of voices speaking in form of noise around this man that very moment but he didn’t allow this to distract him from hearing a heavenly voice, spoken by Jesus saying what do you want me to do for you? And the man gave a specific answer that I may receive my sight”. The voice again spoke back to him and said receive your sight which means darkness depart light has come. The darkness of so many years ended in the life of this man.
2) Mark 5: 1-15 It is the story of the madman of Gadarenes who has 6,000 demons i.e. 6,000 forces of darkness held him captive. But Jesus the light himself came on the scene and the demons in the man heard a voice from heaven saying demons go out of him i.e. Darkness depart and let there be light. At the command of Jesus, the forces of darkness departed because the light of freedom has come. It does not matter how many forces of darkness have been tormenting you, today light of freedom will shine into every area of your life and you will be set loose from every captivity in Jesus name.
3). 2 Kings 4: 1-7. Tells us the story of a woman, a widow of one of the sons of the prophet, who inherited cross darkness of poverty from her late husband and she was about to transfer it to her children. The husband left behind debt that she couldn’t pay and creditors wanted to take her sons for slavery. It was at this junction that she cried to the man of God for help and a voice spoke through the man of God which says woman what do you have in the house she said nothing except a bottle of oil. The voice spoke back to her through this same man of God saying go and borrow vessels very many vessels, lock your door and let your children give you the empty vessels and begin to pour the oil. She followed the instructions strictly and what happened next was that end came to poverty in her life. The darkness of poverty gave way for the light of abundance.
4). 2 kings: 6:24-30 Here darkness covered a whole city. The city of Samaria was besieged by Syria. No one could go out and none could come in and this led to serious famine in the land until the head of a donkey was sold for eighty shekels of silver and one-fourth of Arab of dove droppings for five shekels of silver. chapter 7 vs 1 of 2kings says -:Then Elisha said hear the word of the Lord thus says the Lord tomorrow about this time a seah of fine flour shall be sold for a shekel and two Seah of fine flour shall be sold for a shekel and two Seahs of barley for a shekel at the gate of Samaria. This simply means that about this time tomorrow there shall be no more darkness of famine in Samaria. Because of the word of light that came forth over that city darkness disappeared and things changed tremendously for good for the people of Samaria. – When the first sound came from heaven that says let there be light and there was light, the Bible says the first day began and a new day was born. A new day is born for somebody here today in the mighty name of Jesus. Psalm 30vs 5 says for His anger is but for a moment, His favour is for life. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Your night of weeping is over and your morning of joy is here. I pray that every area where you have been weeping the Lord will wipe away your tears and give you joy.
The Bible says in Gen 1: 4-5 that God saw that the light was good and God divided the light from darkness and called the light day and the darkness He called night and evening and morning the first day.
God spoke from heaven that there will be a separation between light and darkness i.e. a separation between you and darkness, failure, disappointment, depression, fruitless efforts and separation between you and those who want to destroy you.
In Exodus 12: 21-36 the night God wanted to destroy the firstborn of Egypt, He put a separation between the children of Israel and the Egyptians. God told Moses to tell the Israelites to sprinkle the blood of the lamb on the lintel of their houses so that when the angel of destruction starts his operation he will pass them over.
Certain things must happen when darkness gives way for light.
- You will be able to do whatever you have not been able to do. An example is Blind Bartimaeus and the madman of Gadarenes who became an evangelist of Jesus.
- Scarcity will give way for abundance. An example is the city of Samaria and the widow of one of the sons of prophets.
- An end will come to fruitless efforts. An example was Peter when he toiled throughout the night and got nothing to show for it until when the light came. Lk: 5 -:1-9.
- There will be sure evidence of answered prayers. Example Hannah 1st Sam. 2:- 7 -20.
I decree that by the reason of the anointing of today there will be total separation between you and every destiny destroyer in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world and He is the light. Anyone who haven’t accepted Him as Lord and saviour will remain in total darkness under the control of Satan. You want Jesus to be your Lord and saviour, then, please yield to this call of salvation now tomorrow might be too late.
Father put a solid divider between me and forces of darkness forever.
Father, please command abundance into my destiny.
Father, please speak light to my life now.
Father, let the darkness called poverty to depart from my life forever.
Father, let the darkness called sickness and disease depart from my life forever.
Father, every area where the enemies have besieged my life and held me captive set me free now.
Father, command an end to fruitlessness in my home in Jesus name.
Father, please pronounce a special blessing on me and my family today in the name of Jesus.
Father, please put me in total control of all situations in my life.
Father, please command total victory for me and every member of my family and church in the name of Jesus.
Father, let there be light in every area of my country.
The sermon, Let There Be Light, by Pastor (Mrs) Ekundayo Aruwajoye, Zonal Pastor RCCG Ondo State Nigeria was delivered on September 31, 2018.