The Embargo Has Been Removed, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye
What is an embargo?
An embargo can be an official ban on something. It can be a restraint; a hindrance; a prohibition; a stoppage or an impediment.
To function under an embargo that concerns one can be tough. It means that one will be restricted and limited in what one can do under such circumstance.
There was a time when the Home Office place me and my wife under an embargo not to seek employment. It was a tough time. To make the matter worse, the embargo was applied on me wrongly.
It was supposed to be for those who their application was made from 2001 upwards, but my application was in 2000. I had to fight the decision and thank God, the embargo was removed for me.
Someone might be listening to me now; an embargo has been placed on you wrongly. You are lawfully not supposed to be caught in that web, but somehow it has affected you. In the name of Jesus, you shall be set free.
Whether the embargo is official or non-official; whether it is physical of spiritual, I decree such ban is now lifted, such restriction is removed; such prohibition reversed; such stoppage taken away and such impediment destroyed.
7 types of embargo a man can operate under
Governmental institutions and parastatals can place embargo on people and sometimes God’s children can be caught in such a web too.
In Daniel 6:1-28, the bible tells us that Daniel was caught under an embargo not to make request for 30days to any other being, except the king. The punishment was to be thrown into the lake of fire.
Daniel was not ignorant of the embargo, but he knew his requests must be made to the Most High God. He was caught and thrown into the den of lions. After God miraculous delivered him from the lion’s mouth, the embargo was lifted, and guess what? Daniel was even promoted.
Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you. I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end. He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions. So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.
In the land of Medes & Persia, their laws could not be altered. Once it’s signed, that is it. So that even when the king later knew that the law they made him to sign was because of Daniel, there was nothing he could do. Daniel had to go inside the den of lions.
The good thing however was another decree can be issued to supersede a previous one. That was why Nebuchadnezzar said, “I make a decree” again after the first decree that was made.
In our earlier instance I mentioned, it was the same government (not the opposition) which initially placed us on embargo not to work, that God lifted, that later made a decree to grant my family an amnesty outside immigration rules to remain in UK indefinitely. So that in 2002, they said I must not take up work, in 2004 my grounds to stay has been refused severally and they were preparing us for deportation, but in 2005 they said you can stay till you like! That can only be God.
– There is someone listening to me now that appears to be in what you have termed ‘a den of lions’. I hear in my head “Another decree will be made”. That decree shall favour you.
– There is someone here under an embargo of some kind, what is actually awaiting you eventually is a promotion.
2. A powerful person can place an embargo on another life. After the destruction of Jericho by the children of Israel, Joshua went a bit further to place an embargo on the city and its future inhabitants (Joshua 6:27).
Exactly by the words of Joshua, the king that rebuilt Jericho lost 2 sons; the land was barren and the water bitter. It took the double anointing on Elisha’s life to override Joshua embargo (2 Kings 2:19-22).
– If a powerful being has placed any embargo over your life, I hereby remove such in Jesus name.
3. Demonic powers can place embargo upon a life, even a child of God. So that the person will toil seriously and not have commensurate results. It is intended to frustrate the life of that believer and thereby turn his back on God.
Satan tried this with Job. The embargo graduated from one to the other. What the devil was driving at was to get Job to curse God, and God would have been disappointed and hand over Job’s life to Satan.
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
The worst embargo one can have from demonic power was to be experienced by Moses. It is eternal embargo. Though Moses was the meekest man that has ever lived before his time, unfortunately he made an error at the waters of Meribah. When Satan saw this, he placed an eternal embargo on Moses life. He already made provision for Moses to spend his eternity in lake of fire. God however removed that embargo by sending Angel Michael to go and claim Moses body.
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
– If demons are involved in any embargo over your life, May The Lord rebuke them for your sake. Even Satan their leader, may he be silenced for you in Jesus name.
4. God can place an embargo upon a life, including a believer who is disobedient to His word. Ahab as a king of Israel, a special race in the sight of God. He was supposed to be following the will of God, but he chose to follow after his foreign wife to serve Baal and to do wickedness. So that God placed embargo on his life, his reign and his descendants.
However, because Ahab humbled himself before God when he heard the ban upon him, God removed the embargo during his time.
1 Kings 21:29
Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son’s days will I bring the evil upon his house.
If the embargo upon your life is from God, no one can remove it. The good news is it can still be removed. What God wants is a broken and a contrite heart. God can’t despise that or look away.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
5. Someone that has a form of authority in the life of an individual can place an embargo on them. Parents, Spouse, Spiritual leaders can do so.
A – Jabez. It was his mother.
1 Chronicles 4:9-10
And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
B – Reuben. It was his father Jacob.
Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father’s bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch.
C – Samson. It was his partner/wife.
Judges 16:15-19. Shave off the seven locks upon his head and his strength went from him.
D – King Saul. It was his spiritual leader.
1 Samuel 15:27-29
And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent. And Samuel said unto him, The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou. And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
– My advice to you, Honour your father and mother. Respect elders. Treat your spouse well. Be wise and gentle with them all.
2 Chronicles 20:20
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
Sad for Saul, his kingdom was not established and he didn’t prosper.
– Any embargo placed on you by familiar people out of your ignorance is hereby cancelled in Jesus name.
6. An ancestor can place an embargo upon his linage. The generation of an ancestor that do not know and serve God are under spiritual embargo already.
The bible tells us of Gehazi. He did not only placed an embargo upon his own life because of greed and covetousness, but his generations after him. He became a leper and everyone born through him had to be a leper (2 Kings 5:1-27).
He was supposed to be a mighty prophet. His descendants were to follow suit, but no.
2 Kings 5:27
The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.
– If you are under any generational embargo. I decree that such an embargo is lifted from today in Jesus name.
7. Surprisingly, a man can place embargo over himself so that he is not able to achieve what he should. This could be borne out of fear, ignorant, laziness or carelessness.
God promised Abraham that his descendants will possess the land of Canaan, which God took him there. But during Joseph’s time the Israelites went into Egypt for 430years.
God later revisited them regarding his promise to Abraham; they were at the edge of Canaan when they refused to go further because of the stature of the people there.
God was so angry that he made the people to go round in cycles for 40years until the last man who was over 20years had died
It was only then that God took the children they said they were afraid for inside the Promised Land.
– What sort of embargo have you placed over your life?
Some will respond to something nice and say “that can’t be for me”.
That kind of house can’t be …
That kind of car can’t be …
I don’t think marriage is not for me…
First class is not for me…
I’m ok as permanent resident; citizenship is not for me…
Children are not for me…
You have to reject all these or any embargo you have used your mouth to say over yourself.
Cain placed a limitation over his life, God removed that particular one.
And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
May God reverse any embargo you have placed upon yourself in Jesus name.
1. Father, whatever embargo any government has placed on me to be removed in Jesus name.
2. Father, whatever embargo any powerful being has placed on me to be removed in Jesus name.
3. In the name of Jesus, I command every embargo placed on me by demonic powers to be removed.
4. Father, if I’m under any embargo from you please show me mercy.
5. In the name of Jesus, I command embargo placed on me by authorities in my life to be cancelled.
6. In the name of Jesus, every embargo placed on me by ancestors to be remove right now.
7. If I have placed myself under any form of embargo, Father please have mercy on me.
The sermon, The Embargo Has Been Removed, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye, was delivered on October 9, 2016.