Soaring On The Wings Of Grace, by Revd. Jonathan Adeboye
Bible Text: Esther 2:15-17, Isaiah 40:28-31
This month God will set you up, God will lift you up because you will obtain grace like Esther in Jesus name, Amen.
28 Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
In this month of May the theme is Grace to soar higher but the topic in context I soaring on the wings of grace.
There are several thing grace can do for you. The best thing that grace can do is the salvation of the soul. If you obtain grace in every other parts of life but lose your soul, you have nothing. So it’s important that your soul is saved.
How many of you believe that the level you are at the moment is the best you can ever be? If you believe there are better levels, I pray that you get there in Jesus name but you can only get there by grace. For every member listening or reading this you will experience a lifting courtesy of the Grace of God. In this month, grace will work for you.
The first word is Soar. To soar means to ascend to a level higher than the usual. Whatever your past experiences or the experiences of your family line, I decree upon your life this month you will soar beyond it.
To soar also means moving to greater heights with little apparently efforts. There are many who make efforts and fail. There are many who make great efforts and succeed but with grace; little efforts and you exceed.
For example, a brother was making efforts to achieve a something but was reaching a dead end. After speaking with a man of God, he understood that because there was none like that in his family, he needed grace. There was a spiritual sealing that needed to be broken. I pray for you today, that whatever ancestral curse of spiritual sealing hindering achievements in your life it is broken in Jesus name.
Grace is from the Greek word “Charis”. Grace is the medium through God relates to mankind. The difference between grace in old and New Testament is the measure. In Old Testament there was limited grace but after Jesus came, grace was released unto us in full measure. Thus in the New Testament we received abundance of grace.
The power of Grace
What is grace capable of doing? God delights that we prosper. Psalm 35:27
27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant”.
God has pleasure in the prosperity of everyone not just one person but everyone. That is, when one of his servants is not prospering God is not comfortable.
- Genesis 6:7-8. Noah found grace as a result escaped the destruction that befell the people of his generation. The grace of God is contagious. Noah obtained grace and saved 7other people. If it is the head of the family that obtained grace, it spreads, if it is the mother it spreads. I pray you find grace.
- Genesis 15:16-19 also told us about how Lot experienced grace and was saved from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Another man is Joseph. Genesis 34 Joseph experienced grace in the land of Egypt. He went as a slave but because of the grace of God upon his life he became a prime minister. Whatever you are doing now, whether it is a menial job. The grace of God will work for you.
- Exodus 27:37. The Lord God gave the people grace such that as the children of Israel were leaving Egypt, whatever they asked they received.
- Another example is Esther. Esther was a slave girl; she was an orphan but she found favour in the sight of the King and was honoured by the King as a result of grace.
5 Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her for his daughter, was come to go in unto the king, she required nothing but what Hegai the king’s chamberlain, the keeper of the women, appointed. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her.
16 So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.
17 And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti”.
I pray for you as you journey through this year, as you soar on the wings of grace, you will be preferred over and above others in Jesus name.
What are the conditions for Soaring on the wings of Grace?
- There must be an ongoing relationship with the Elshaddai. Exodus 12:36. The Lord God gave his people, people who have a relationship with him.
- There must be godly living. Psalm 84:11. “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly”
- Isaiah 40: 30-31. Learn to wait upon the Lord. Where other people get tired, that will be your starting point in Jesus name.
- Humility. Job 22:29 29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person. James 4:6 “for he giveth more grace to the humble and resist the proud.
- Obedience and service .Job 36 :11 “ if they obey and serve me , they shall spend their days in prosperity …”
If you want grace to work for you, you need to prayerfully decide what you want to do for God. Offer yourself for service, as long as you want prosper and be elevated make up your mind to service.
Ecc. 9:11- “ I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all”. Thank God for people who work really hard but don’t need to go through all the hassle people of the world go through before you make it in life. I pray for the grace of God upon your life, that you will experience maximum results with minimal efforts in Jesus name. Amen.
The sermon, Soaring On The Wings Of Grace, by Revd. Jonathan Adeboye, the founder, Total Missions Global Ministries, Nigeria, was delivered on May 7, 2017
READ MORE SERMONS FROM REVD ADEBOYE HERE