God Wants To Use You For Greater Works, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye
Jesus is the Word that had existed from the beginning. He is God Himself. He however became flesh and dwell among men as Jesus Christ of Nazareth. In His 33 years as the Son of Man, He was empowered by the Holy Ghost to do great and mighty things.
Acts 10:38 – How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Jesus healed the sick from all kinds of illnesses and diseases; He delivered the oppressed from satanic and human bondages; He restored and created human organs that were either absent or in defect; He raised the dead; He saved the lost; He made provision available for the needy; He brought comfort to the broken hearted; etc.
Matthew 15:30-31 – And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus ‘feet; and he healed them: Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
As Jesus was rounding up His Earthly ministry; He told His disciples a crucial statement, that though He has done amazing things, but that the disciples will do greater.
John 14:12 – Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
– So, I bring someone great news of good tidings, you are made for greater works.
In biblical history, there are many people that God used to accomplish great and mighty deeds in their lifetime that we can aspire and be determined to be like. If we are ready to pay the required price, God I believe is ready to supply the necessary grace.
In Deut. 34:10-12, we read that the life of Moses was that of great accomplishment:
And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, In all the signs and the wonders, which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt to Pharaoh, and to all his servants, and to all his land, And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.
– His character was super (Deut. 34:10a) – He had the best of education in Egypt, raised up with a lavished lifestyle, yet this did not becloud his thoughts and behaviour
– Not carnally minded (Heb. 11:25) – chose to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the pleasure of sin for a season.
– He is humble – service to Jethro for 40 years; his patience and meekness with the people for 40 years.
– Was very sacrificial (Ex. 32:30-32) – Forgive them or blot my name from your book.
– His intimacy with God – (Deut. 34:10b) – Numbers 12:7-9 – speak to mouth to mouth. Moses always wait on God for every issue; all his prayers were answered (Num. 14:11-20 – I will make of thee a nation greater than they…).
– His deeds and assignment was huge – Deut 34:11. He was used as the lawgiver; he was also used as the deliverer from bondage;
– The wonders and signs he wrought in the sight of the people was staggering (Duet. 34:12).
Moses earthly life was 120 years; it can easily be divided into three equal parts: the first 40 years, he was brought up in royalty and fame; the next 40 years, he was managing to survive in obscurity; the last 40 years, he was turned into a super being by God.
– May God turn you into a spectacular being in His hands in Jesus name.
True prophets hear God speak to them mostly in dreams and visions. It is also possible for God’s Spirit to impress words or array of images on our heart. Rarely, God does speak to His prophets in audible voice without revealing His person. However, for Moses it was not like that. God both spoke to him from a physical cloud or from a physical fire, and even showed Moses his back view!
What a staggering accomplishment!
– God asked me to tell someone, He says, I will do with you what I’ve not done for many.
Moses was passionately called My servant by God, a name given by God to very few people in the bible. People like Abraham, Jacob, Joshua, Caleb, David, Job and Isaiah were addressed as servants of God in the scriptures, it was a rare privilege.
Moses was actually called “servant of The Lord” 17 times in the bible, while David and Joshua were referred to twice.
We are sons of God because we got born again. We are His servants because we serve Him.
– May God acknowledge your service as unto Him in Jesus name.
– May God proclaim His ownership of you to mankind.
– May God echo your name in the ears of the world until they take note of you for good.
– I am not sure of the pattern that your life has taken so far, what I can tell you is that God says a season of huge accomplishment now awaits you. If you desire that, Shout Alleluia!
– There is someone here; your present situation could best be likened to a drug addict going through withdrawal symptoms. God says I should encourage you not to give up, because your life will soon turn out to be very great.
– I hear that you are presently feeling miserable and messed up. Be courageous and determined to go through your ordeal, you will soon have a sweet testimony.
– I am asked to tell you that work has started on you, that is why you are feeling more uncomfortable. Only be strong and courageous, your testimony shall be staggering.
In John 9:1-7, Jesus helped a man who was born blind to regain his sight. Jesus could have simply said the word “receive your sight”, instead He put mud in the man’s eyes and asked him to go and wash in the Pool of Siloam in order to see.
I thought to myself, a clean blind eye is supposed to be better than a muddy blind eye. Why send a blind man on an errand as well? Thank God the man obeyed, his testimony was staggering. His miracle actually split the Pharisees who were criticising Jesus.
– Your eyes or life may be marred with mud right now, but your vision and life will soon be clear and bright.
God can just say a word and that issue will be over. But He has chosen to take you through the “mud experience”; this is so because He wants to add more flavour to your miracle.
– There is someone here; it will be hard for people to believe your testimony.
– To another person, your testimony will lead to the conversion of souls of Jesus critics.
When the Israelites were leaving Egypt, there was a quicker route that they could have taken for few days, but God took them through a forty days route. This is because they would need to fight wars on the shorter routes and they were not that bold. So God took them on the route that He would fight for them with using the Red Sea.
And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt: But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
– To someone here, I hear that the “sea” in front of you is deliberate. It is not to drown you, but to be a means for your sweet victory.
There may be an alternative route, but you can’t handle the situation that may arise on the way.
Jacob in the bible was someone that enjoyed staggering accomplishment. When Jacob left home, he could not go with anything except his staff (rod). He had to abandon everything his parents had for Esau his elder brother and went into servitude under his uncle, Laban.
Jacob served Laban for about 21 years. He was conned and cheated by his uncle for many years, but God fought for him miraculously. Laban wanted Jacob to either serve him for life, or leave with nothing.
By the special grace of God, when Jacob eventually left, his wealth was staggering! Jacob had several cattle, lambs, camels, goats, etc.
He had 2 wives, 11 sons, – daughters and several slaves.
He became even richer than Laban his uncle, and Esau his elder brother. (Gen. 32:9-10).
– There is someone listening to me now, it is possible that you left home empty, you will return full in Jesus name.
– Every scheme of the Laban of life will not work against you in Jesus name.
– To another person, your relations have sat on what should have been yours, you will have more than what they have sat upon in Jesus name.
– There is someone here, you always pray that if God can just bless you like someone you know that raised you up (it may be an uncle or an aunt), I hear God says “I will elevate beyond that point”.
– Someone listening to me, you left home hurriedly like Jacob, I am asked to tell you that your going home shall not be in a rush. It will be well planned and ceremonially arranged.
– Another person, people have been calling you funny name before you left, just like Esau was calling Jacob surplanter. Never mind, that name will change to lovely name by the time you are going back (Israel).
In Neh 1:4, the bible says that news got to Nehemiah that the walls of Jerusalem and its gates were in ruins and that the people in the city were living in great distress. This troubled his spirit and he sought the help of God.
After he had wept, mourned, fasted and prayed, God opened door of favour to him with the king. Everything he would need was supplied by the king, he was also given permission to go and rebuild the walls and the gates.
There were several kinds of attacks against the rebuilding works: the enemies employed ridicules, lies, physical battle, blackmail, assassination attempt, etc. God however made all these plots to fail, so that the walls were all built and the gates erected in 52 days!
– To someone here, everything about your destiny that has been subjected to ruins will be raised up by God with amazing speed.
– To another person, favour for staggering accomplishment will come to you from all quarters in Jesus name.
– No form of ridicule will slow you down. Wars, blackmail, assassination attempt, lies will not draw your destiny backwards.
The bible makes us to know that Paul the Apostle is such a person that one could said to be the least of the apostles, eventually became the chief-most in accomplishment.
Paul was not opportune to listen to Jesus teaching first hand.
He was a main persecutor of the early church.
To regain his sight after meeting Jesus, he was prayed for by a disciple – Ananias.
He was introduced to the Church Council by Barnabas.
Despite this his little beginning as a follower of Christ, he became a mighty vessel in God’s hands.
He wrote about 2/3 of the New Testament. His missionary effort was wider.
He was able to do great and mighty works for God. He did not have to be physically present to even heal the sick and oppressed!
– I bring a word of courage to someone this morning, it is not the beginning a thing that really count, but the end thereof.
You may have started poorly; the power to finish strong is coming upon you now in Jesus name.
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
– My life has been redeemed from any curse of the law. I will therefore excel in life in Jesus name.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
– Whatever I do in life, I shall prosper.
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
– Father, perfect all that concerns me and do not forsake me.
But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
– Father, increase upon my life your power to get wealth and to remain healthy.
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
– Father, bless me with wisdom that is shocking to men.
The sermon, God Wants To Use You For Greater Works, by Pastor Samuel Obafaiye on August 7, 2016